Sunday, November 24, 2013

Another MS

My weekend has been rather low energy. By 3:00 Sunday I was in PJs ready to start a movie. This usually poses as a problem considering my inability to sleep if I've not expended enough energy during the day. But wine can act as a nice remedy.
I'm currently listening to Mississippi John Hurt with a glass of cab. Sunday nights. Fall Sunday nights. Makes my heart happy.

My folks were in town last weekend.
I have company visiting for Thanksgiving.
Maybe this was the "gearing up" weekend.

Last weekend..
I grabbed my parents from Union Station and headed straight to Edendale in scrubs. Felt so good to see em. I think it's been the longest time I've ever gone without seeing them-maybe with the exception of when I studied abroad.


Immediately my mother cracked me up by reading the wine list and mentioning aloud the footnote stating that this was the "som-ol-e-ers" choice. 
Of course the waitress wanted to know what was so funny...Of course my mother has a good sense of humor about her absent mindless. The waitress said she had just watched a documentary on Netflix about sommeliers. I logged this in my memory.


We had a great time. 
In California. 
The land of great wine. 
Great wine with great family makes for plenty of laughs. 


So back to Sunday..
I sifted Netflix. And it didn't take me long to pick Somm. The doc our waitress mentioned. Not to be confused with D.O.C.
I wouldn't say I drink a lot at one time but I would say I drink rather frequently. I'm pretty sure we learned that a glass of red was pretty good for ones heart in RD school. And I'm pretty sure parents are supposed to be good role models.
So I've got some heart. Some schooling. Some folks. And lots of laughs and love.
And now a new desire to be a master sommelier considering the invites to travel all over the world, teach, eat extraordinary cuisine, drink wonderful wine and make for a healthier, happier heart.


S'pose I could make a trip or more up the 1. 
I've got a decent handle on the food science and biochemistry. 
I've got a love of travel and wine.
And I've already got an MS. 
...Unfortunately not to be confused with Master Sommelier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment