Monday, February 4, 2013

Meatheads on a Bone

I went to a super bowl party at my cousin's condo in Silver Lake.

Everything feels so early here.
The election decision, watching the ball drop in NY...the super bowl. There is still so much day left when these events occur.
And on top of that, the balcony doors are wide open and the sun is pouring in. It seems so foreign coming from February game day in the Windy City.

In my history of SB watching, or lack there of considering I spend maybe 1 minute per quarter actually watching the game...I'm in it for the squares, people!, I have found myself to eat things that I typically disdain: Meat on the bone, things that have no business being fried but are, chips that unintentionally turn my fingers orange dipped in gluttonous dips.
It's all part of the party.

But at this SB party, there was not one, not two...Oh not even three but FOUR! Four "vegan friendly" dishes and/or trays scattered next to the baked pita chips and the natural pretzels.
Unheard of!
I don't think Chicagoans could even properly define what makes food "vegan friendly"...at least not those who are hollering at two teams of guys beating the crap out of each other on some field.

These vegan dishes were washed down by Brita filtered water
...and an inordinate amount of alcohol. Riddle me this.

Alcohol is a sort of cleanse, is it not? Sterilizes? I suppose it fits in to the soCal diet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment