Saturday, September 8, 2012

Supplementation

So I don't know if it's my awareness or what but you start to notice things in LA that look familiar. 

Like, isn't this the shiny tunnel that every car commercial ever is shot in? Cadillac with that chick from Greys Anatomy pops into mind. In particular. 
I think her name was Adison?
Or isn't this the pacific coast highway in that commercial where that that chick from the OC gets out of her car and jumps on other cars to get to that ice cream truck. And then awkwardly eats ice cream?
I think her name is Rachel?
Or, how about we go to that bar that's in the movie Swingers tonight? Or the one in 500 Days of Summer?
Or even seeing the Hollywood Production Company intro before Beasts of the Southern Wild last night really does pan out to show the lay of the land. And it really does look like the scene out my window...


So I'm watching Bones while working out. I never watch this show. But it seemed like something that may help pass the time since I really wasn't all in the mood for working out today.  
And wouldn't you guess it but the premise of the show was that a production company decided to shoot a movie in a studio in LA about a "bones" case. A mock movie inside a show. Oh! And of course the predictable, the "fake" body that the "fake" actors were dissecting was really a "real" body for the Bones actors. It all has a bit more of a facade to me now but so it goes.


Anyways, all I really wanted to say was that when the show went to a commercial break, the advertisement was for Caltrate plus D, a calcium citrate supplement with vitamin D3 that I currently recommend to my particular patients. This commercial showed a skeleton to demonstrate the power of supplementation. 


The animated skeleton looked a lot better than the decomposing mess on the show. 
I guess that's the point.


Oh the power of advertising. 
Now how do I get on that...







I'll supplement this city alright.
Get ready LA
...
Plans Are Drafted
Launch Date 11.19.Twenty12

No comments:

Post a Comment