Saturday, March 9, 2013

Single Servings

It's blatantly obvious at this very moment, more than ever, that I am a single, white female in her 20s. 

Looking in my fridge or asking my dinner recalls from the past week is proof as much. Without knowing me and just having this information alone, one could guess my age, gender, size, ethnicity, where I live and if I am single or married with about an 87.75% accuracy. 

Let's review...
One Day Last Week- A bowl of popcorn from scratch with parmesan cheese and celery with yogurt and chive dip.
Sunday- A half of a chicken sandwich with walnut pesto, tomatoes and cheese from the Hudson with about 3 pints of Stella and a a half a glass of $3 cab (funday Sunday anyone?) and later a walnut, nutmeg manhattan and bread pudding from Edendale. 
...As if the 3 pints weren't enough.
Monday- A glass of red wine, then out for carnitas taco and ceviche and later, plain tart mixed with mango Fro Yo topped with coconut, graham cracker and cookie dough.
Tuesday- The other half of my Hudson sandwich...
Wednesday- Steamed farmer's market broccoli topped with a homemade orange/ginger sauce paired with farmer's market tempeh eaten with some disposable chopsticks I found in my kitchen drawer that must have been left behind from my old roommate's old takeaway order, a glass of Coppola's white wine and later a Trader Joe's cookie and nighty night tea.
Thursday- Leftover "kung pow Tofu" from work...eaten out of the white styrofoam container and later topped off with nighty night tea and TJ's cookies.
Friday- Leftover mojito chicken and rice from work, again, eaten out of the styrofoam, farmer's market bread with natural peanut butter, white wine, some Charleston Chews and whoppers (see last post), a Larceny made manhattan, a pint of Allagash White and a hangover. 
When I write it out like this, it's utterly embarrassing. How does this not say single, 20 something year old, middle class, west coast city dwelling female...?
I promise this diet is atop spinning classes and Julian Michaels Body Shred workout classes. P.S. I've got a bone to pick with you, J. Michaels. No wonder I can't move today.

I'm either eating at like two yelp dollar sign restaurants Or I'm eating whatever I can find in my fridge or leftovers from free work lunch. 
And because I have this fantastic food perk at work, it really does nothing for my grocery shopping agenda.

As my roommate is off taking vacation, I have literally spent all day in my apartment either cleaning or lounging. The only noise I've heard today has been from the Mariachi music and construction happening in the lot next to mine, my clothes dryer, the occasional iPhone text message and the hum of the fridge. 

My day started slowly with aeropress made coffee and tri-colored quinoa cooked with slivered almonds, golden raisins, almond extract and cinnamon. 
..Now I sit here reviewing my taxes and eating chips out of a Von's plastic grocery bag...
Like my taxes even have to tell me "without dependents.."
The hardest part of my lunch/dinner today was opening up the salsa container without the gripper thing and trying to find the chips that would fit into the jar without breaking them in half first. 
And later on my Midwest and East coast friends are coming over to order Chicago style deep dish pizza and watch a Cheers marathon with me.
This is my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment