Friday, November 9, 2012

On the radio we heard November rain...

A blink and October is over. I used to try and write once weekly. Once weekly became twice monthly. Twice monthly became once monthly. And then there was the day that October was over. Flew by. 


The month began in St. Louis, visiting and celebrating. 
Wineries, brewpubs, being a wimpy Angelino and complaining of the cold. Pathetic.




Then the arrival of a new roommate. 
Acclimation is key.
And what better way to acclimate and celebrate her birthday than a trip to Malibu wineries?


Then the arrival of a best friend for a visit. 
All the food, fun, music, flea market and whisky one can get their hands on.






Then every pumpkin flavored anything I could get my hands on. 
Beer. Pancake batter. Ice cream. Dip. Frozen yogurt. 
The list probably goes on but for self preservation, I'm stopping there.

Then came the flu after a conscientious employee got her vaccine. 
Word to the wise, skip the vaccine this year. And for that matter skip the flu. It's particularly nasty. 4 pounds down with zero appetite. Guess what, it all comes back.

Then Halloween. 
I never realized how offensive the smell of beer on someones breath was until I went out for Halloween with the flu. 

Then the anticipation of pops for a weekend. 
Was really wonderful to see pops.







And here we are. Mid way through November. With my favorite holiday round the corner. Can't believe it. It was 57 degrees tonight. I thought I was freezing to death and also loved it. Two sides of me fighting. I'll be staying in SoCal for Thanksgiving. Maybe up to Santa Barbara for some wine tasting the days following. 

And then it'll be the holidays. 
I'm going to have to stop blinking altogether. 
I'm barely keeping up.  




No comments:

Post a Comment